Nurse on Call
urse On Call is an innovative management service for work-related injuries or illnesses. Within minutes of an on-the-job injury, employees are provided the services of RN’s and medical professionals to assist with triage and self-care advice.
Nurse on call is a program that will help reduce your Workers Compensation cost while also improving the outcomes of your valued employees when they are injured.
How does the program work?
When an injury occurs, you call the nurse via a toll free number. The nurse is a Workers Compensation Specialist when immediately assesses the incident on the phone and determines the best treatment options for your injured worker. The nurse may prescribe treatment over the phone. If the employee needs off-site medical care, for treatment or for diagnostic testing, the nurse makes a referral recommendation call to your preferred medical provider or MPN. The nurse is available for follow-up calls. We encourage the employee to call the nurse if there is any change in there is any change in their condition or if they have questions or concerns about their injury. Spanish speaking services are available.
Benefits of Nurse on Call
Health and Safety Performance Management Consulting Services:
- In most cases the incident can be best treated at the work site.
- This strong triage service can reduce or eliminate OSHA recordable frequencies.
- Human Resources Practices Review.
- The injured worker is speaking directly to a medical professional from the beginning of the incident making for a heightened comfort level. Most supervisors are not prepared to make medical decisions about an injury; over reacting to minor incidents can result in unnecessary clinic visits and cost.
- The employee is provided information on "home care" and their expectations.
- Accurate and comprehensive information is documented at the onset of the incident.
- Adds consistency to the injury reporting process for multi-location employers.
- When a clinic is involved, the clinic is directed to treat conservatively, reducing costs.
- Provides direction into your preferred provider or MPN, achieving greater med control.
- The nurse is contacting the clinic prior to the employee's arrival and is communicating their findings including all effected body parts - this defines and limits the injury and reduces what is known as "Body Creep".
- Late reporting is virtually eliminated when the Nurse on Call is made mandatory.
With fewer incidents needing clinic care, your valued employee obtains a high level of care and comfort level, and your XMOD and premiums are reduced